Wings Payroll takes of every payroll need: Flexible Pay Structures, Payslips, Leaves and Holidays, Loans & Advances, Revisions, Shifts, Flexible Attendance Input, PF, ESI, PT, TDS, Income Tax etc. Besides, it interfaces with attendance machines, biometric devices etc.
- Employee Database
- Payroll Processes
- Advances & Loans
- Leaves & Holidays
- Revisions & Resignations
- Income Tax & TDS
You can maintain a comprehensive employee database, including data like:
- Employment Type (eg: according to periodicity)
- Employee Type – Designation, Department, Branch, Remuneration Structure, etc.
- And for each employee, you can attach a photograph and store details such as:
- Contact and Correspondence addresses
- Family Details and health information
- Bank Account, Driving License, Blood Group, Educational Background, Experience History, Passport & Visa details (this has been removed) etc.
- Track assets given to employees at the time of their joining, such as a laptop etc.
- Assign shifts, opening salary details and opening leaves information.
Employee Id Cards
Design and print identity cards for employees together with each employee’s details, barcode if any, and picture.
The Labels Designer lets you to easily design and print identity cards for few or all employees in bulk.
Flexible Pay Structure
Define pay structures of employees flexibly. You can:
- Define individual Salary Components like Basic, HRA, Traveling Allowances, etc. and specify them as Absolute, Computed or Conditional Amounts. Computed Amounts can be formula based, like PF being Basic* 12%. Specify whether each component is an allowance or deduction.
- Base conditional amounts on slabs and formulae – like for example: ESI applicability only to employees drawing more than an amount, at a given slab.
- Assign pay structures to individual employees. Make changes, if required. Specify sequence in which individual components should appear in pay slips
- You may also assign initial salary details to employees for each branch. This includes assigning of required pay structures and components, effective dates, absolute and computed amounts etc.
Capture attendance in several ways.
- Daily attendances manually or in bulk, with details such as present/absent, time in/time out, or import from attendance machines like swipe machines, biometric devices etc.
- Daily attendances separately for in and out timings.
- Attendance by a specific location, shift or employee
- Automatic overtime calculations and inclusion in payslips.
Attendance data is used to calculate salaries payable and in generation of pay slips.
Integrate attendance machines with Wings to capture information automatically. Import attendance data from your attendance machines or biometric devices.
Shifts & Overtime
Manage various shifts such as General Shift, Morning Shift, Night Shift etc.
- Create as many as shifts as required.
- Assign start and end time for each shift.
- Set grace in and out times, break timing etc.
- Assign overtimes to be calculated for attendance and payslips.
- Specify if a particular shift is applicable on holidays.
- Assign working days for each shift.
- Assign overtimes to shifts and Wings automatically calculates them when you enter\attendance and includes in payslips.
Advances & Loans
Maintain complete account of advances and loans given to each employee, which may be adjusted periodically against payments to them.
- Record details of previous balances.
- Record details of loans and advances granted.
- Record details of loans or advance payments received from employees.
- Record details of irrecoverable (bad debts) loans or advances.
Loans and Advances module is tightly integrated with financial accounting. Respective accounting ledgers are automatically updated when transactions are processed.
Leaves & Holidays
Manage Leaves easily.
- Define a variety of Leave Types – casual, sick, vacation, training etc.
- Specify if each is Paid, Unpaid, Encashable or not and if balance leaves should be carried forward, type of entitlement, etc.
- Record list of opening leaves for each employee.
- Enter leaves taken by employees either daily or in bulk in a month.
Leaves can be applied or sanctioned online or offline.
Set Leave Entitlements for employees with an absolute amount or based on a formula. Leave Entitlements for classes of employees can also be specified.
Manage Leaves taken, earned, pending, carried forward, encashed etc.
Capture leaves not utilised by employees and are encashed.
Maintain Holidays Lists. Holiday Lists can be set individually for each branch (location), shift, employment type (eg: separate for contract employees, or probationers etc).
- Specify Flexible Weekly-offs.
- Specify if Embedded holidays be paid for or not.
- Specify list of public and optional holidays
Holidays are automatically taken into consideration in payslips.PF, ESI, PT etc.
Revisions & Resignations
Manage salary and employment revisions:
- Maintain details of salary revisions done for employees.
- Maintain employee transfers such as from one branch to another or a change in department, designation etc.
Employee revisions lets you to easily assign a new pay structure with the one already assigned.
Resignations and Relieving
- Maintain details of employee resignations along with reasons.
- Record details of relived employees. Record details of assets that are given to employees at the time of their relieving.
- Mark the clearances given by other departments such as Finance, HR etc.
Record the details of settlements to be made such as Loans/Advances to be cleared by employees, leave encashments payable etc. at the time of their relieving.
Visa & Passport
Manage information of employees about visas and passports, and tracks expiry and renewal dates.
Income Tax & TDS
Complete support for Income Tax.
- Take estimates of taxable income, for all sources of income, expenses and deductions.
- Take revisions of taxable income during the year.
Wings generates statements of taxable incomes and tax deductible and deducts tax (TDS) during payslip generation, automatically. Helps in accurate TDS compliance for all employees. Generates Forms as per IT laws and statements of total income.
Wings helps you generate and share payslips with employees.
- Payslips can be generated automatically in your own formats, for pay periods (month, week, etc) based on assigned pay structure, actual attendance, leaves taken/ sanctioned, deductions to be done and other data available.
- Payslips may be generated individually for employees or in bulk for groups of employees and can be mailed.
- Generate payslips for a specific month for all employees of a particular branch.
- Generate payslips against daily attendances.
Send payslip notifications to employees by SMS.
You can withhold or release salaries of employees if required.
Adjust loans and advances against salaries payable to employees.
Manage adhoc allowances or deductions and include them while generating payslips.
Wings offers you all the analysis of your payroll function and employee cost as to help you manage better.
The complete functionality is packed with great features and
utilities to make accounting easy for you.
If you have teams working from remote locations, Wings ERP is the best way to integrate all of them into one system.
You can easily setup an online system connecting and integrating all your branches and other locations seamlessly. Wings works well with any number of locations, users and volume of data. It also works on regular broadband connections.
Wings is truly the only way to manage any multi-location organisation.
Managing a business spread across multiple locations has serious challenges. For good decisions, timely data from across the company is essential.
- Often times, you don’t have answers to even simple questions like:
- What are the receivables, of a branch or the entire company? How aged are they?
- What are stocks of a product or a line of products, at a location or in an entire company?
- What are profits of one profit centre or of a branch or of the entire Company?
- How are some products moving across branches over time?
- How to minimise leakage of revenue at branches?
Wings offers great value when deployed as an enterprise system integrating many locations:
- Easy information flow between branches, locations, departments and teams
- Data of multiple branches automatically and instantly consolidated
- Instant company-wide reports and analysis
- Automatic execution of transactions between branches. Examples:
- inventory in one branch delivered to fulfil orders in another branch
- orders received in one branch executed by another branch
- amounts receivable in one branch collected in another branch
- A single chart of accounts, product list, price list can be used by all.
- Branch or location-wise data segregation, for security
- Central admin of software, data and systems
Deploy Wings on a computer in your office or in the cloud to setup an online system. Wings places your finger on the pulse of your systems always, wherever you are. There is no better way to manage your multi-location business.
Good Data, Good Decisions
Wings helps you understand your business like never before. Wings equips you with essential data to help you make good decisions.
A large set of ready-to-use reports offer you depth and flexibility. The Wings Reports Designer helps you analyse your data even more deeply.
The Reports Designer gives you huge power over your data. You may specify columns to hide and unhide, widths, arrangement, fonts, colours, column titles, word wrap, sort orders, grouping, filters, conditions, export to Excel, pdf or CSV, emailing etc.
You may add any report to the Dashboard for quick view and instant access.
You may create new reports from existing reports or modify existing reports. Add a new column, add a field from a transaction to a report, add a text column, add an editable column, an image column, to reports. Apply formulae on columns. Add master columns, date columns etc.
Reports modified and saved with new names can be exported and used elsewhere.
All reports on Wings can be taken as charts or graphs of the different types: line, pie and bar charts and many more. Instantly configure charts from all reports and enter your specifications to see reports as you want. Add graphs to Dashboard.
Print Designer enables you to control how reports are printed. It allows you to pull fields/columns from transactions or reports and design print formats on the fly.
The specifications can include: page header, footer, grouping, sorting, barcodes, images like logos, graphs, scripts, etc. And, specify if you should view the report as HTML.
Online Reports Gallery
The Reports Gallery is a repository of rich Wings reports which you may download and use.
Wings helps you dive deep into your data and discover new insights into your own business. The easy to use Pivot tool can do magic with your data. Pivot (like in Excel) helps you analyse data by any number of parameters, on the fly.
You can transpose rows and columns of a report to generate a matrix view of the report. For example, analyse your sales by regions, hierarchy, products, customers, period etc. Immediately change the orders and take a fresh report, generate a product-wise month-wise sales analysis etc.
You may drag and drop report columns and automatically organise the data; group the data; filter data; show subtotals and grand totals etc.
Wings will generate and deliver specified reports to authorised users at pre-determined points of time. Scheduled reports push the reports to users to enable timely and informed decisions.
Get a snapshot of your business, a summary of key indices, at all times on your Dashboard. Configure the Dashboard for each user using the easy Dashboard Wizard. Visualise data as graphs, pivots, gauges etc with or without conditions.
You may drill down from the Dashboard elements into detailed reports and transactions.
Wings is mobile-enabled and helps you manage your business using your mobile devices in many ways.
Transactions can be captured and executed using mobile devices. Wings mobile interface offers the same functionality as a desktop screen, suitably modified for the mobile screen form factor.
Wings enables capturing of sales orders, raising of sales invoices, collection of amounts etc by travelling salesmen using mobile devices.
The data captured is instantly stored in the Wings database without requiring any additional integration or transfer.
Reports on mobile
Wings reports can be viewed on mobile devices conveniently.
The Wings Dashboards can be viewed on mobile devices in a like manner as they can be viewed on desktops.
Mobile devices can be configured to receive Push Notifications from Wings, triggered by the happening of some events. For example, a notification can be pushed onto the mobile phone of the manager on the booking of an order by a salesman.
Powerful tools help you remain in total control of your business.
Role-based User Rights, Transaction Authorisation, SMS, Alerts, Branches & Divisions, Segments, Linked transactions, Multi-Currency, Transaction Templates, Peripherals, deep Customisation, and more. All to help you manage your business better.
Workbench is a powerful, path breaking innovation in Wings. Every user sees activities to be done by him (like Enquiries to follow up, Orders to raise, Deliveries to make, Invoice to raise) on his Workbench. You don’t miss a task you have to do. Manage by exception.
Prioritize the activities to do based on due dates.
Define team hierarchies. Send alerts of activities becoming due or overdue to everyone (or selectively) in the hierarchy.
Connect with your customers and keep them happy. Send out SMS’s to customers, suppliers, employees etc. Singly or in bulk. Instantly while entering transactions or from reports.
SMS’s can include data and your own text. SMS’s may be about anything – items ready to deliver, reminders about outstanding payments, birthday or anniversary greetings, etc.
SMS can be used to send Alerts, Notifications, Reminders, to run campaigns etc. Examples: Delivery Intimations; Payment Reminders; Stock Availability Notification; Promotions and Discounts Campaigns; Festival, Birthday or Anniversary Greetings.
Extensive role-based user rights enables tight security in the company.
Create roles and attach or deny rights to individual functions or parts of the software to each role. Assign roles to individuals so they get precisely the rights you desire. Examples: Cashier manages only cash; storekeeper has no access to accounts; Sales person not have access to inventory or finance; etc.
Branch-based data segregation ensures that users have access to only data that is relevant to them and not others.
Wings helps you set up an authorization process for transactions. For example, you may want an expense to be authorised by a senior; or a leave application to be authorized by a manager.
Once you have setup Transaction Authorisation, every time the transaction is executed, it will require an online approval by the person required to authorise before being posted.
Authorisations can be simple, or based on fulfilment of specified criteria, etc.
Wings features complete workflow to help you manage your business from the system. Sequential transactions are linked for effective control and integrity of various functions.
Wings helps you manage any number of Profit Centres, Cost Centres, Departments, Locations etc. Take reports for any combination of them. Segments are an invaluable tool for businesses.
Wings also manages inventory by location.
Wings offers in-depth analysis of your data with segmental reporting. You can take any report based on any combination of segments such as sales by Profit Centre, Location-wise stock availability, Project-wise expense statement, Location-wise stock movement, etc.
Wings supports full multi-currency operations. You may execute transactions and maintain your data in multiple currencies besides the default currency.
Each currency can have its own prefix, suffix, symbols and these can be used in documents, reports etc. Maintain exchange rates fluctuations ‘with effect from’ dates.
Wings enables you to transact in any currency and take reports in any currency of your choice. For instance, you may enter sales in ‘INR’ and take Sales Book in ‘USD’, or ‘Euro’.
Wings throws up various Alerts when a specified parameter is reached. Examples:
- Negative Cash Alerts for Company
- Negative Cash Alerts by Branches
- Credit Limits Exceeded for Customers – for Company
- Credit Limits Exceeded for Customers – by Branches
- Overdue Bills Alerts when number of bills attempted to be exceeded
- Negative Stock Alerts – Batch-wise
- Negative Stock Alerts – Bin-wise
- Reorder Level Alerts – By Location and Products
- Budget Alerts – when Budget expense exceeds Budgeted amounts
A large number of pre-designed, ready to use print templates are available in the Gallery for you to access and use. The gallery contains regular updates to transaction formats such as invoices, receipt/payment vouchers etc.
Wings works with all peripheral devices like barcode scanners, cash drawers, pole displays, scanners, weighing machines etc. This helps it work across all business processes and industries seamlessly.
You may plug-in and start working with most third-party devices. Integrate any device with any transaction or report.
Wings works with most barcode scanners. Scan barcodes of products, employees, fixed assets, identification etc for any purpose.
You can print barcode labels from transaction or reports using any barcode printer – thermal, dot matrix or laser.
Pole Display Units
Attach pole display units to computers for POS and retail operations. It automatically displays item quantity, rate and total amount payable at the time of billing. User-defined welcome and shutdown messages at the time of counter opening and closing is also possible.
You can open the cash tray automatically at the time of billing, with Wings. You may also open it manually using a Hot Key.
Connect and use your biometric devices with Wings. For example, you may use your biometric attendance machine to import employee attendance details etc.
Wings automatically processes and displays the item weight in transactions.
Credit Card/ Debit Card Swipe Machines
Details of credit and debit card such as card name, card holder name, type of the card, expiry date, etc. are automatically picked up when swiped.
Wings integrates with attendance machines by being able to import bulk attendance data generated by the machines.
Wings is hugely customisable. You may enable or disable the use of products, modules and features across the system. You may also customise the transaction screens, reports, Dashboard etc for each user.
Wings enables a very large number of settings:
- Date formats
- Decimal preferences
- Enable or disable any module or feature
- Default Segments
- Manage features such as Comments, Additional Information, Reference Bill Details, Images, SMS, Codes etc.
- Enable or disable taxes and price lists that apply to your company or branch.
- Manage features such as transport details, reasons, dispatch address etc. that are required for logistics.
- Manage features such as PDCs, Bank Charges, Credit Cards, Interbank etc.
- Change Caption
- Hide or show the field
- Show field in Header with alignment
- Decimal place settings
- Make fields Read-only or Editable
- Make mandatory
- Change width of columns
- Change title of a tab
- Hide or show columns
- Make columns read-only or Editable
- Default values for any field
- Hide or unhide any Transaction Tab.
- Use Extended Fields
- Format columns for size, font and colours.
- Take reports in Tree view
- Take final reports in T-Form (horizontal form).
- Filter reports based on any criteria
- Apply views such as Sort and Group.
Wings Dashboard can be configured for every user.
Using Wings, you can send out Bulletins to some or all your users with data, instructions etc. Extremely useful for great communication.
From within Wings, you can report issues about the software to the Wings HelpDesk enabling you to monitor and track the issues.